Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Media Giants Set Agenda

After Musharraf: Why the future might look bright for Pakistan.

Suddenly the world is talking about taking down Musharraf because he has 'become dangerous'. I wonder if political advisers get their policy cues from these media giants. It's so easy for countries like the U.S. of A to take complete U-turns on their policies so suddenly. I really wonder what's really going on. I mean, the guy did get his Supreme Court to dismiss 5 out of the 6 petitions against his presidency. And all the parties have boycott the elections except for Benny's PPP. Crazy. And I thought I would get to vote in free-and-fair elections when I go back home. What sadness.

But the 13th army general has finally announced he will step down this Thursday, November 29th as Chief of Army Staff (COAS). That is, of course, because he will take oath as the president of the country for the next 5 years! This will be the tenth year of Musharraf's power struggle since October 1998 as he opens up the COAS position in favour of General Ashfaq Pervez Kayani. Looks like Musharraf won, finally.

Right?

No comments: